FAUX WOOD GRAIN
SAME FLAIR. EASIER CARE.
Designed for both commercial and residential decors, this patented coating technology from Italy transforms aluminium surfaces into realistic-looking wood, marble and granite facades. Through cutting-edge sublimation techniques, we transfer inks from special recyclable plastic film onto aluminium profiles.
What clients love about our faux wood, granite, marble and corten coatings:
1. Resistant to impact, moisture, chemicals, UV light and other extreme weather conditions — thereby protecting against scratches, abrasions, corrosion, chipping, fading, yellowing and other effects of wear-and-tear.
2. In comparison to real wood, marble, or granite, powder-coated aluminium is a stronger, more lightweight material that requires minimal maintenance. Its high engineering strength also allows for the addition of reinforcements, when required. At the same time, identical structures and parts with the exact specifications can be easily added or replaced.
3. Same look and feel for significantly lower costs.
4. Greater flexibility in design as compared to real marble and granite material, which are costly to shape.
5. Our proprietary powders and films are imported from Italy. While similar-looking products exist in the market, our expert craftsmanship and stringent processes have given rise to finished products that are unrivalled in appearance and durability.
Our decorative powder coatings result in a luxurious yet long-lasting finish that also provides environmental compliance.
Designs are available in a wide range of colour hues and grain patterns.
Similar to the basic polyester powder coating, this finishing process is suitable for wall claddings, roofing, screen louvres, trellises, flashings, railings, lift doors, roof decking, window and door frames, decorative furnishing, and more.
A nationwide initiative to go green
Singapore’s Building & Construction Authority (BCA) is targeting for 80% of all buildings to be certified green by 2030. As such, there is little room for developers to persist in non-green building practices. Instead, we have several reasons to work towards a more sustainable cityscape:
1. Property developers who pursue a green certification can better preserve their asset’s competitiveness in the marketplace.
2. Green buildings enjoy easier access to institutional capital, as real estate investors increasingly demand transparency on sustainability performance from property operators and managers.
3. Higher Green Mark ratings earn a greater array of incentives from the Singapore government. As the demand for Green Mark spaces continues to grow in the long run, building owners can tap on partners such as Starcoat to futureproof their assets and stay competitive.
Specifications for Decoral X Starcoat Faux Woodgrain Coating
- Brand – Decoral System (Italy)
- Approved Applicator for Decoral System Italy
- Type of Coating – Polyurethane (PU) Powder Coating
- Type of Decoration – Sublimation (Heat Transfer Film)
- Compliance Standard – AAMA 2603 / Class 1 or AAMA 2604 / Class 2
- SCDF Fire Code 2018 – BS 476/7: 1997 Rating: Class 0
- Singapore Green Label “Environmentally Preferred Coating”
- Singapore Green Building Product (Rating: Excellent)
- All of above or equivalent