Decoral® process is a process for decorating aluminium. It is achieved through Sublimation, a physical-chemical process, which is the direct transition of a substance from the solid phase to the gas phase. Such technology is also known as Heat-Transfer Process.
Through Decoral® process countless effects and patterns such as woodgrain, marble, granite, corten can be transferred on surfaces. Decoral System®was the first Company worldwide to use the Heat-transfer process on aluminium extrusions and laminates for Architectural purposes.
In order to apply the Decoral® process you need to have the following equipment and materials:
1) A Special Decoral® Equipment;
2) A Special Decoral® Polyurethane coating powder to be sprayed and cured in a Coating Unit;
3) A Decoral® Heat-Transfer film (plastic film with the desired effect printed with special inks).
The material for the Decoral® process will undergo the following phases:
1) It must be processed using a special Polyurethane powder coating. Coating process consists of three different stages: pre-treatment, powder spraying, curing. The coated layer works as a base which the special heat-transfer inks will be transferred into by sublimation.
2) After cooling down from coating, the material is then wrapped with Decoral® Heat-Transfer film. Air will be vacuumed to ensure that the film perfectly adhere to the material.
3) The material is then moved and cured in a special Decoral Oven, running at high temperatures (between 200°C and 230°C), where inks contained in the Film are transferred by Sublimation into the coated layer of the materials.
4) After curing, the material is ejected from the oven and the exhausted film easily removed.
5) The material is now fully decorated and ready for delivery